Wearing a jumpsuit isn’t exactly rocket science. But styling a jumpsuit (beyond just throwing it on with a pair of complimentary shoes) can be a challenge. Learning how to layer and accessorize like a pro can take your favorite jumpsuit(s) to a whole other level.
Take the “Joy of Life” strapless jumpsuit from the Tracee Ellis Ross collection at JCPenney. After the awesome tuxedo (see how I styled the jacket here), this jumper is my favorite single item from the collection. I love the boat neck neckline, and that it’s oversized from top to bottom, allowing for a generous fit on nearly every body type. Wear with the matching satin belt for a more fitted look, or without for a more oversized slouchy look.
Because the jumpsuit is strapless, it could make it very challenging to wear in cooler weather. That’s where the art of layering can help you inject your own personal style and make that summer jumper winter ready. The easiest way to achieve success is to layer a top underneath as I have done here.
This Eloquii long-sleeved bicycle and hearts print top with a contrasting necktie worked perfectly! The entire look is so feminine and sophisticated. And by simply adding the right blinged-out metallic accessories, like a gold belt or a glitzy brooch, you’ve taken your jumper from day to night. I could easily wear this look to a business meeting followed by cocktails.
Now, I have so many ideas about how to wear this jumpsuit that I am certain it will be in heavy rotation all yearlong. Next up though is a monochromatic look. I think a long sleeve black turtleneck and these fabulous statement boots I just scored will be a winner! Stay tuned!
How To Accessorize & Layer Your Jumpsuit Like A Pro
- Your sleeveless jumpsuits don’t need to be saved for summer. Layer with a long-sleeved top underneath.
- Add a statement belt. It’s an easy way to immediately make it look more glam (and slimming, if that’s what you want.)
- Give your all black jumper a pop of color by wearing it with a brightly colored pair of shoes or boots.
- Glittery statement jewelry, heels, and an updo make a jumpsuit ready for even the fanciest party.
- For a more polished and professional look, add a structured blazer.