White after Labor Day? That’s real old news. As a curvy fashionista who enjoys bending fashion rules, I fully endorse and embrace wearing white all year-round. Let’s be honest, a head-to-toe white look is an absolute fresh sighting in a sea of black, brown and grey when the mercury dips. I’m a diehard proponent and wrote about wearing white after labor day here as well.
This look from New York & Company has quickly become a favorite as it is so classy and chic. The black piping and one shoulder detail give this extremely affordable ensemble an expensive quality. Can you believe the entire look is on sale for $35? Wow!
5 Tips On How The Right Way To Wear Winter White:
- Mix various shades of cream and white in different weights and textures to add depth and dimension to you look. Contracting textures like soft cashmere and heavy denim pair nicely to create a cool, clean and casual look.
- Start with a clean white canvas and build upon the look by adding patterned outerwear, statement jewelry and eye-catching accessories. Just keep the entire look clean and classic for effortless appeal.
- Anchor the look in a solid contrasting color by NOT wearing white shoes. A bright pair of shoes or even a solid faithful pair of basic black pumps is the way to go when wearing an all white ensemble.
- Dont’ wear your summer whites in the dead of winter. Laces dresses, eyelet skirts and linen pants won’t work. There are plenty of pretty whites in cold-weather textures and fabrics.
- Keep it simple and elegant by pairing classic white trousers and a cable knit sweater with a single-breasted coat. A head-to-toe monochromatic look is a refine fashion statement all on its own. Add a white stole for a serious dose of glam.
Experiment with different looks, textures and shades of white until you reach your personal comfort level. I guarantee once you master an all-white ensemble for winter, you’ll never think twice about when and where it’s ok to wear white. And in this day and age we can pretty much wear whatever you want, whenever we want to —and that includes white after Labor Day.
Only $35?! I’m running to New York & Company now!
It was $16.99 per piece on Friday. Now it’s 30% off. Sales changing fast!
Nikki you are too stunning
Thank you Katie! Hope all is well!
This look was perfection!
Thanks so much!
I need to check out NY & C asap!! They have some gems!!!
Get over there soon! You won’t be disappointed!
You look amazing. Your tips are very helpful.
Very pretty look. Stopped shopping New York & Company years ago because of their sizes. Will be checking them out very soon.
I am in LOVE with this ensemble! I’m so sad NY & Co. are no longer near me.
You are stunning! The beauty of a white dress is it’s pure versatility. I am in love with this dress.
Nikki , I love following this blog. Your style is inspirational. Do you mind sharing your size or measurements. I would like to know so I can better judge what size to get for myself. I am typically a 16. Sometimes an 18 bottom.
I like tall lengths although i am only 5″7. Thanks